Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Thing 12- Other search engines etc.

I love ask jeeves. I love it for students because students have a difficult time coming up with correct search words. In ask.com, students can type in an actual question that the search engine recognizes. ex. "What is a chemical reaction"
Also, I have been using Firefox instead of Internet Explorer. It has been amazing. When I'm 'surfing' the web, some sites just seem to work very well. I will go to the same site using Firefox and it will work much better. My example is Webkinz.com. (Anyone who has a younger child probably knows about webkinz.) Kids can buy a stuffed animal that comes with a code. The child then goes online and plays with there animals in a virtual world. It's pretty cool actually. Anyway, internet explorer doesn't allow my daughter to navigate very well.

No comments: