Friday, February 1, 2008

Thing 10

I really think my students seem to need more information on copyright and plagiarism issues. I just assigned my using tech students to find some definitions about emerging technologies. About halfway through the assignment, I said ,"just reminding you, you can't just copy and paste, these need to be in your own words." I heard a collective 'sigh'. It just seems students think unless a teacher specifically tells them not to copy and paste, that it's okay. I have been checking out some of those recommeded links and I will be sure to share some of them with my students.

1 comment:

Sarah Rother said...

That is SO frustrating to hear. I feel like we go over these issues so much in 8th grade. I think some kids today look for the easy way out...the quick fix...