Thursday, April 24, 2008

THING 15

Collaboration-
I am going to do a collaboration project with the fabulous Ms. Nuss. I found this great DVD presentation for Internet safety. It's called Netsmartz. It's a DVD where they show how easy it is for a predator to find a child from just an email address. There are interviews from students who have been victims of abuse from a person he/she met on the internet.
The web address is www.netsmartz.org/
and it is totally free. I teach using tech once a day here at the freshman center. All of my students use 'myspace' and the like and seem to have no idea how to keep themselves safe.
Connie Nuss is went to an internet safety forum last night and is going to help me add to the lesson.

1 comment:

Connie said...

You had already created a great lesson plan--I really liked team-teaching this with you! Let's collaborate some more on the info literacy topics! Collaborating gets easier the more we share teaching time! (We can get in-sync with each other.)