Monday, April 14, 2008

Thing 14 Reliable online resources

There are really so many searching options available. Although, I am starting to like Google, students think it is the only way to find information. Something that stood out for me was at the Internet public library. I liked the huge list of search engines along with a review. I especially liked 'searchmash.' (I just realized it is powered by google, I just can't get away)

I also found some great resources at "teenspace" where teens can find anything from homework help to great sites for waisting time. There was even a Science project guide with tips on choosing a topic, completing the project and displaying the project. There really is no excuse not to have a great science project. This area is attached to hundreds of links organized in a way where a student is directed to the portion he/she is interested in and guided to a potentially amazing science project.

No comments: