Friday, January 4, 2008

Thing 5 revisisted Thing 11

I spent a couple of hours on my teacher website yesterday. I uploaded pictures of my students working in th lab. The students were thrilled to see themselves. We are using Front page and I hear this is the last year we will be using it. I like Dreamweaver so that would be great for me. I have all of my worksheets and notes hot-linked on my website. The problem is, many students tell me they are unable to open them at home even though they are adobe files. I wonder if it is a 'cookie' issue??
Thing 11 --I assigned my students an autobiography using Google Documents. There are quite a few limitations. One larger limitation is picture size. Students are unable to insert a picture larger than 2mb. This forced me to teach them about changing file names which is a bit over their heads. I love the fact that it is free and it can be accessed anywhere although I haven't quite figured out how I will access them to grade them. I think I will have them email me the link?

2 comments:

Mr.Rother said...

I love your Einstein picture!

I played around with google docs and used it this past weekend. My aunt was trying to send the entire family a recipe...but she only has microsoft works and none of us could open it on our computers. I showed her how to use google docs and she sent us all the link!

Karen said...

You both might mean this when you are talking about sending links, but do you know you can invite people to be collaborators? Maybe have your students click on "Share" and add your email address as a "collaborator" -- then (especially for drafts) you could make comments, strikeouts, etc. Or they mark you only as a "viewer" for a final draft.